The Cornerstone Waterfront at Patchogue will build on Patchogue Village’s downtown revitalization and bring significant community benefits for years to come. These benefits include:
- Creating residences close to popular shops and eateries supports economic and business growth downtown.
- Added foot traffic means more customers for local businesses to attract.
The Best Alternative
- Transforming an industrial site to a residential use designed to evoke an elevated coastal design reflects the best use of the privately-owned property.
- Other uses allowed as of right that could be built there today include: a warehouse with trucking, restaurant or industrial manufacturing.
- 2 permanent jobs
- 43 construction jobs
Creates Housing Variety
- Today’s young professional and emptynesters often seek apartment-style living to be closer to downtown amenities without the maintenance of a single family home.
- This proposal makes it easier to do just that without having to relocate out of Patchogue Village.
Bolsters Home Values
- Builds on vibrancy and successful redevelopment in the Village, which in the 1990s had a vacancy rate of 50-60%
- Property values have been strengthened by redevelopment projects like this, which have made Patchogue Village such a hub of activity and desirable place to live
Creates A Public Amenity
- Currently the site is private property—this proposal creates public access to the river.
- Creates a public promenade area lined by brick pavers, benches and lighting to enhance visual access.
Supports The Tax Base
- Significant new revenue generated to support the local tax base year 1 the building is open and escalating from there.
- That's a 500% increase for the tax base over the amount the property currently generates.
- Additional revenue supports local schools, infrastructure and services.
As native Long Islanders, at Terwilliger & Bartone Properties we work hard to develop deep community partnerships through boots on the ground, hands-on service in communities we live and work in. Additionally, our property managers are mandated to support mom & pop shops to build relationships with the local business community.
To learn more about recent partnerships with local organizations we are proud to support, please click the button below.